Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Look up, but watch out for the dog poop!

So I work at the University of Chicago and at times I think I'm the only one who looks up! This place has amazing Gargoyles. Come visit the campus if you can or visit the website I dedicated to them.

*Update*
I recently had to pull some pictures down as I had alot of photo theft with people claiming they took my images. Yet some still had my watermark on them and I had person still claim it was their image they posted on their website.... People! The best one was a guy who claimed the image was his and refused to take the image down or give me photo credit; so I changed that photograph's link to an image (since he was hot-linking my picture) of "You have stolen this image from Daniel D. Baleckaitis" and weeks later he sent me a nasty email.

I don't mind people using my images on their site as long as they cite me as the photographer to each image they use and have a link to my site. However, I will not tolerate people using my images to sell (or in selling products) unless they worked out a deal with me. I have spent years refining my photography techniques and have come to this point through the experiences of several thefts in which people were trying to sell my images through photo vendors so I now register my images with the US copyright office. Leaving the court option open....

I enjoy showing my work and appreciate the kind words people use about my images so removing all my images from the web really isn't an option. Just looking for some respect...

Sorry for the rant--

Come visit: http://home.uchicago.edu/~danielb1/

No comments: