Friday, February 12, 2016

So, I emailed Mark Kirk and Daniel Lipinski.....

Hello,
I have a major concern.  I am a classically trained biologist and have been the manager of acoustic behavioral lab at the University of Chicago for 17 years now.  I have a major concern right now that has to do with the Village I live in, Justice (Near I-55 and I-294).  We have been living in this community for almost 15 years now and love our small plot of land (we have a small house on half an acre).  We try our best to live green, be great neighbors and teach our young son where his food comes from.  Our yard has honey bees, a few chickens and incredible flower and vegetable gardens. We bought this house in terrible condition because it was close to the city, quiet and had a large plot of land.  However, we have noticed a change in the noise levels and we are not talking about a couple of decibles.  In the past five years it has been getting louder, I know acoustics -noise and how to manage it as it is part of my job, and it is troubling.  I contacted the mayor, who has been responsive, but feel as though I have been brushed aside by saying it has always been this loud.  The problem is- It hasn't always been this loud.  We have had neighbors move or hang windchimes to cope but this is our village and I believe we should expect change but should not let change hurt our community.  As a scientist I have been recording the traffic levels in a spreadsheet every morning for almost a year using a highly accurate piece of equipment see here- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IpXXYpW4u5Ey7fHMUo721Wq45kjGIL8gQCU0Kuw-36I/edit?usp=sharing   I have also been writing about this on my blog- http://dbaleckaitis.blogspot.com  I would hope you would look into this matter and please let me know if you have any questions about this and the theory of sound doubling or even ways that could help us curb this traffic noise.

Thank you for your time





In case you want a direct link:
I have the recorded stats for the past 300+ days!
Check the stats:
Village of Justice Traffic noise stats

No comments: