Monday, February 01, 2016

Calm before the Storm in the Village of Justice IL?

So Friday morning was quiet in the morning- 38 dB and truly made me remember when we moved to the area.  When I got home later in the day I could tell it was gonna be bad.  You see, if you measure how loud it is around 10pm +/- 2 dB that is how loud it will be the following morning.......   Sounds weird?  Yes it does, but why?  I believe it is not the factor of how much traffic, because lets face it, the  traffic at 10pm is almost never as bad as the traffic at 5pm.  So one has to suspect that it is the combination of the speed and the materials used in the pavement.....

Noise-reducing pavements get loud acclaim in US and Europe



This is a very interesting read......


Now, with well over 6,000 views to this blog since I started posting traffic noise issues in the Village of Justice IL, I hope someone of power would read this and say...... Yes, we can make some of these changes.  I'm not even posting about how to curtail current noise levels- I have lots of info on that subject since that is part of my job.  I have even designed and built sound chambers myself that rival and beat some of the major builders in terms of wall thickness and weight and sound attenuation.

Can't forget a link to my project of recording traffic noise in the Village of Justice IL.

No comments: