Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Village of Justice is about to break........

The monthly record for loudest month of traffic noise!  Yes!   Errrr....  I think that's bad?


I've been actively logging the daily traffic noise since March of this year.  So, last night I was getting ready for bed at around midnight and I could hear the traffic noise through our double pane windows.  I went out and took a quick reading 52dB all coming from the I-55 direction.  Seemed odd, as most traffic noise comes from the I-294 direction.  Who knows, maybe the heavy wooded lot that was (located at the end of Oak Grove) clear-cut by the village a couple of years ago lets the sound travel 1 MILE to my house and still be 52 dB.  I got up to go to the bathroom around 4 am and I could hear the traffic just as loud- so I took another reading at 52 dB.  When I left for work at 5:45 am it was still 52 dB-  does anybody else think this is a problem?

Oh, getting back to the record-  so far this month traffic noise is averaging 48.8 dB.  I find it hard to believe it will drop 1 full decibel before the end of the month- but who knows.  God, how I have become to love construction to lower the traffic noise!

Great job Village of Justice!  Reminds me of the time when someone running for the school board was politicking for re-election and told me he could get my street re-paved, yeah-right! 

In case you read this and don't wanna click the link to view these data.  Loudest day of this year was 59dB and the low was 36dB and the sound level that I and several neighbors remember was about 40dB for up until a few years ago.


Here is that link:

Traffic noise levels in the Village of Justice

No comments: